Saturday, November 05, 2005

On display at the NEC


Arrived at the National Exhibition Centre on Thursday evening and washed the car outside the hall. The Meguiar's drying towel is brilliant and soaked up gallons of water to leave the paint presentable for the show.

The hall lights are very critical of the paint. Everybody expects the car to be perfect and don't seem to acknowledge the fact it gets used so much. Ornaments are for mantlepieces, this car lives on the road and my drive. It shouldn't be perfect.

Fuel tanks are supposed to be drained for the show, but I usually get away with running one tank right down and making sure the gauge switch is set to that side when I take the car inside.

Driving over here, the offside side and rear lights were flickering and I traced the bad connection to a fuse mount. I also replaced the number plate lights at the show. The engine runs much cooler at this time of year.