Monday, December 27, 2004

That's a year of the XJ

Finally got round to washing the grime off. It was all high speed A1 filth from the trip up to Yorkshire before Christmas and it looked OK, really. Sort of streaked, like speed blur! But there was salt on there, so I gave the car a good rinse and then a caress with my Meguiar's wash mit.

Started the engine and number four pot doesn't fire straight away. It chimes in after a minute but there's no damp or bad connection that I can see. Suggestions please...

Spent some time on the greasy windows, too, and tidied the boot. It's looking grand for the new year. I feel some relief at having kept this going for 12 months (with a couple of lengthy lapses that annoyed a few of you). I suppose I have to keep going now. CD of the year: American Idiot by Green Day.