Sunday, May 16, 2004

Bare-foot driving

Left the Jaguar at Beaulieu overnight so Ben and I drove in in the Golf Gti. Some New Forest half-wit in a Land Rover tried to run us off the road, but otherwise the drive down from Lyndhurst was enjoyable.

Hot. Got burned. Bloke with all my Jaguar parts had gone home! Resumed search and only ended up with a single switch and a cheap oil filter. Beaulieu is tough if your list is all one model and very specific. I bet I looked through a dozen boxes of light lenses. A Jaguar Spares Day at Stoneleigh or Farnham is much more fun for me.

Left for home in hot sunshine. Driving in my bare feet and shorts. I love doing that. I have this theory that driving feels sort of sexier, the fewer clothes you’re wearing. I’ve only explored this theory as far as shorts and bare feet, you’ll be pleased to hear. But with hot summer nights around the corner…

Left after Ben but caught up with him at the end of the Newbury bypass. He’d broken down. The AA man recognised my Jaguar. Hi Mike.